Friday, July 19, 2013

Product Review: OCC Stained Gloss in Jealous


OCC Stained Glkoss in Meta
I’ve been wearing (and loving!!) Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tars for over a year so I was thrilled when I heard that they’d come out with a new product: Stained Gloss! The deal is, everything we love in OCC’s lip tars, such as incredibly pigmented color and super long wear is supposed to be in these glosses, except in a shiny, non-drying formula. Does this formula satisfy my beauty junkie craving for a great new lip gloss? Read on to find out!
OCC Stained Gloss Meta Swatch 1

OCC Stained Glass Meta Swatch 2
I have to say, I absolutely love the color “Jealous!” It’s kind of a bright pinkish red that really looks good with tanned skin. Of course, it will look great with pale skin, too, but this seems like the perfect color for summer. It’s fun, vibrant and ready to accompany you on all of your adventures! While I find that it is not as sticky as some of my Mac lip glosses (lip glasses), Jealous Stained Gloss is fairly sticky, which may be a turn off to some. It’s not a big deal to me as I expect a long wearing gloss to be on the sticky side.

The only potential issue I see with this particular Stained Gloss is that I don’t find it to be that long wearing. Granted, most long wearing lip products don’t last as long on me as they claim to and Jealous is no exception. I’m good for three hours at the most, which really isn’t that long compared to the claims. I do drink water throughout the day so there’s that. All things considered, I’m not disappointed with this but for $18, I expect a long wearing lip product to last a bit longer.
 OCC Stained Gloss Meta on lips
Would I purchase another OCC Stained Gloss? Sure, if I love the color! And OCC Stained Gloss is available in the following colors:
  • Meta (red-orange shellac)
  • Voyeur (yellow glaze)
  • Androgyne (psychedelic orange gel)
  • Jealous (popsicle pinkish red)
  • New Wave (glossy neon pink)
  • Rhythm Box (purpled burgundy)
OCC’s Stained Glosses are available for $18 at Sephora.

Ages of Beauty rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)