Monday, May 6, 2013

Product Review: Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

s38901_product_detail

Stila’s All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner is touted as waterproof, non smudging, and easy to use. I’ve been wearing it quite a bit lately. Not only has it proved to be non smudging in our cooler Spring weather in Virginia, but also during the time I spent in Florida where it was in the mid to high eighties every day. Since I take issue with liners that smudge, that is a great thing!

Liner pen

The Stila liner costs $20 and is available in the following colors:
  • Black
  • Alloy (Charcoal Gray)
  • Dark Brown
  • Moss
  • Indigo
  • Periwinkle
  • Snow
I purchased mine from Sephora in Moss, which is a beautiful forest green color.

tip

For me, the two things that matter the most, in the success of an eyeliner, are the tip and the formula. In Stila’s case, the tip is a cross between a marker and a brush—soft enough to flex when applying either a thin, winged out look and firm enough to accomplish a thicker line. This is key when executing a precision look. That’s probably why I don’t tend to love eyeliner pencils as it’s pretty difficult to get a good, clean line with them sometimes.

swatch

The pigmentation in this eyeliner is excellent and the wear factor is even better. I wore it for twelve hours with no smudging, flaking or fading. That’s a huge accomplishment for me! See below for pictures of the eyeliner in a makeup look. Please disregard the peeling skin! I was still recovering from my last TCA peel.

eyes sparkle shadow

stila liner

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)