Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Product Review: The Balm’s Balm Jovi Rockstar Palette


Palette

The Balm’s Balm Jovi palette has been out for awhile and I’m finally getting around to using and reviewing it. This cute palette really packs a punch with all the eyeshadows, blushers and lip colors you’ll need while traveling. I’ve been using it for the past two weeks and I have been pleasantly surprised at its versatility. I’m not usually one to love palettes but this one is great! Let me show you how you can release your inner rock star!

Open Palette

Balm Jovi contains twelve highly pigmented eyeshadows, one powder blush, a powder highlighter/luminizer and two dual use lip colors/cream blushes. The eyeshadows are split into three categories: “Heavy Metals,” “Classical”  and “Alternative.”

Eyeshadows

The Heavy Metals have a slight sheen to them while the Classicals are matte. Alternative shades have a satin finish. Each pan contains a fair amount of highly pigmented eyeshadow. Some of the shades are a little bit powdery but there does not seem to be a lot of fallout with any of the shades. These shadows wear at least 8 hours for me without fading, adding to the value of the palette.

Cheeks

Also included is a subtle gold luminizer and a pretty peach/pink powder blush. The two work really well together or alone, depending on the look you’re going for. I find that the blush is very pigmented and has excellent staying power. A light touch will give you a very natural, flushed look  but it is easily buildable into something much more dramatic.

Lips

Milly and Vanilly, the two cream lip and cheek colors are also lovely and very versatile. As cheek colors, they are very vibrant and long lasting. On the lips, I’ve worn them with lip pencils and without. They can be applied with fingers but I find that the best results are seen with a lip brush. When worn as lip colors, I find that their longevity is average (which isn’t very long for me) but that improves when they are worn over a lip pencil.

Mirror


Combos
Balm Jovi comes with a handy (and very cute) mirror and a guide to some combinations that work well together. In the pictures below, I’m wearing a variation of the first combo.

Balm Jovi Face

Eyes Wearing “Third Eye Blinded” on lids, “Alice Copper” in crease, “Adagio” on browbone and “Metal-ica” on tear duct area
“Don’t You Want Me” on cheeks

Side view

Lips 2
“Milly” on lips

Balm Jovi is available at The Balm here for $39.50. I think it’s an excellent value for traveling or even if you want to add a little bit of fun to your everyday makeup life. Check it out!

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)