Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Product Review: Almay Smart Shade Mousse Makeup

Jar

Not too long ago, I picked up a jar of Almay’s new Smart Shade Mousse Makeup in shade Light 100 at my local CVS. Honestly, I’ve never been a huge consumer of Almay’s cosmetics and had not heard of this particular item but it looked interesting so I thought, “What the heck?” This took place right before I joined my parents in Florida and since this was the only foundation I packed, I wore it for a full two weeks.

Mousse open jar

The foundation itself is whitish-gray in the jar. It’s light and airy, just like….mousse! (Imagine that!) I was pretty skeptical that it would transform itself from a dingy gray to match “my” color but it actually does a good job of that. Actually, I think what it does is transform itself into a particular color, not necessarily my perfect color and if it matches I just happened to pick the right color. Okay…I said I was skeptical and I didn’t have anyone with slightly different skin to test on, so there’s that. Needless to say, the “light” color does match my skin pretty well. Here are a couple of swatches that show the “transformation.”

swatch Right out of the jar

halfhalf Half Blended

Blended
Fully Blended

Almay’s Smart Shade Mousse Makeup feels very light and smooths onto the skin easily. Coverage is light/medium and is build-able up to a full medium. It looks natural and wears well. The color also looked good. One thing about this foundation is that it does not contain sunscreen, which is fine, so you’ll need to wear a moisturizer containing sunscreen (or a regular sunscreen formulated for the face). The one minor complaint that I have is that it is packaged in a jar, which is not that sanitary. Not a huge deal to me but it could be for some.
Overall, I think this is a good foundation and I recommend it for someone who wants a light to medium coverage. You’ll need to use concealer over any darker spots or circles but this wears really well, in my opinion. Check it out at your local drugstore. I paid $13.99 at CVS and consider it a good buy.

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)