Monday, April 1, 2013

New Beauty Box: Wantable.co


 It's no secret that I love beauty subscription services. The thing that I love the most is being introduced to brands that I've never heard of before (or maybe I've heard of them but I've never used a particular product). Well, Wantable.co has hit the ball out of the park (for me) with their new service. Not only have I never used these products, but I've never heard of these brands either! Score!
Click below to hear more about this service.


Wantable.co has actually two subscription services: a beauty box and a jewelry box. I signed up for the beauty box and will continue that for a couple of months and then may sign up for the jewelry service.

The beauty box promises a collection of full sized products, free shipping and returns, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Individual boxes are available for $40 or $36 with a subscription. It all starts with a style quiz, which helps you indicate what kinds of products you use or want to try, as well as profiling your complexion shade, color preferences, etc.




The first box was curated by celebrity makeup artist Robert Jones. It contains five full sized makeup products and a deluxe sample of a skincare line. These products are designed to be used together to complete a fresh, in trend look for Spring 2013. Let's take a look at the individual products.




Included is a black gel eyeliner by Cailyn ($21 retail), a manufacturer of all natural and mineral based makeup. Gel eyeliners are my thing so I am really looking forward to trying this!




 Next up is a beautiful corally pink blush by Manna Kadar Cosmetics ($19 retail). This one is going with me when I travel this week. I'll let you know how well it works!




 Also in the box is a bright pink nail polish called "He Loves Me" by Color Club (retails $8). It's beautiful in the bottle and I can't wait to check it out.


This beautiful lipgloss by 29 Cosmetics ($24 retail) is in the shade "Napa Sunset." It comes from the well received "Dew Lip Gloss Collection" by Lydia Mondavi. The whole line features antioxidant-rich grape seed extract, which is a bonus for aging skin.



The next item is actually a bonus (as in it's not part of the regular box) and is a lip gloss by Beauty for Real ($22 retail). I received the color Starlust, a beautiful champagne beige pink. This item is really cool. Built in to the lip gloss tube is a light and a mirror on the side so that you can look in the mirror and while applying the lipgloss, the light shines on your lips. This is definitely going in my makeup bag this week!



To play up the "light and playful" vibe of  Spring 2013 is a lovely green pressed eyeshadow in "Betty Jane" by Darla Makeup ($18 retail). This brand is toxin free, vegan and does not test on animals. "Betty Jane" looks like the perfect color for Spring!



Last, but not least, is a sample of skin care products from 29 Cosmetics. It's been awhile since I've tried new skincare products so the timing on this is good!

So that's $112 of full sized beauty products for the $36 I paid for the box. I'd say that's a great value, even if a couple of the items don't turn out to be great. The best thing of all, though, is that I have no experience with any of these brands. I'm looking forward to making some new, great discoveries!

I'll provide reviews for several of these products in the coming weeks so stay tuned!!!

Have you tried Wantable? What about other beauty subscription boxes? Do you love them? Hate them? Please share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)