Friday, February 1, 2013

Product Review: Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Midnight



I received the Mally Beauty eyeliner pencil in a quarterly "beauty box" called "New Beauty TestTube" (click here for more information). So while it technically wasn't "free," I didn't pay the $15 retail price that one would pay for a single eyeliner from this brand.

Mally describes this eyeliner as a "special formula glides onto lid and locks into lower rim to beautifully define your eyes." Well, I will say that it "glides," but locks, it does not!




The formula is beautifully smooth and the color "Midnight" is a nice, rich black. That's about all the "nice" I can say about this product. There are several things that one assumes when purchasing a waterproof eyepencil. First, the pencil's line should not smudge on the eyelids and second, the waterproof eyeliner should last when applied to the lower waterline (which Mally claims in its description of this product). 

My experience with this eyeliner was dismal. I applied it on my upper lid, close to the lashline and noticed that yes, indeed, it did "glide" on but it was so soft, it was difficult to get a clean line. Within two hours, I noticed that not only had the eyeliner traveled into the crease of my lid but there were black smudges underneath my lower lash line (and I didn't apply any of the eyeliner on my lower lids). Since I was testing a new mascara, I thought maybe that the mascara had smudged so I tried it the next day while wearing no mascara. Unfortunately, I had the exact same results.



I thought I would try one more time on the lower waterline, since that can be a place where a waterproof eyeliner can really stand out. This time, the liner lasted less than 30 minutes and again ended up smudging underneath my lower lashes. I looked like a raccoon!

Suffice it to say that I do not recommend the Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner (what a mouthful!). There are many better pencils on the market in drugstores and in departments stores.

Ages of Beauty rating: Zero stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)