Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Product Review: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation


I had always heard how wonderful Chanel's foundations were so a few years ago, I decided to take the plunge. Vitalumiere Aqua was the first Chanel foundation that I had ever purchased and I was anxious to see if it lived up to everything I had heard.




Vitalumiere Aqua comes in a plastic bottle, which is great for traveling. This foundation must be shaken thoroughly before application. I have applied it both on bare skin and over a primer and it performs well under either circumstance. Application with the fingers results in medium coverage but with a brush, it can be sheered out for light coverage. Generally, I find that I need a light concealer on my facial dark spots as this foundation is generally not opaque.

For me, the finish is like velvet---neither dewy nor matte. Because of its high level of alcohol, the velvet finish is easy to achieve but alcohol can be problematic for sensitive skins. Likewise, the lovely floral fragrance, which I really like, can also be an issue for sensitive skins so if you have this problem, proceed with caution.



Vitalumiere Aqua is available at Chanel.com or at Nordstrom.com for $45, making it a fairly pricey foundation. The color selection is not great, ranging from very pale to medium dark. Colors range from the Beige Rose selection of colors (cool) to Beige (neutral to yellow based skin tones). My color is BR20 (I think they changed to BR22), which is the second lightest in the cool color range.

Vitalumiere Aqua lasts on my skin, without fading, for about 6 hours with powder.

Do you wear any of the Chanel foundations? If so, which one do you like the best?

Ages of Beauty rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)