Monday, February 18, 2013

Face of the Day: A Simple, Chic look


I'm a big fan of Lisa Eldridge, a famous celebrity makeup artist from the UK. Not too long ago, she did a You Tube tutorial on a makeup look she called "Flawless and Chic," available here.

It's a look that can be worn during the day or for an evening out and I've worn it many times. Click below to get the details and the products I used.



I started out with Korres's silicone free primer and then Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in  BR20, which I applied with my fingers. Then I curled my eyelashes and used Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara in Extreme Black.  Next was eyebrows---I used Make Up For Ever's Waterproof Brow Corrector in 3 (a Dark Brown) and set them with Anastasia of Beverly Hills's Tinted Brow Gel in Expresso (I have grey hair in my eyebrows. Skip this step or use clear brow gel if you don't).


For the eyes, I applied Make Up For Ever's Aqua Cream in 91, a charcoal gray. Over that, I used Chanel's single shadow, Furtif (a silvery gray) and then blended out the crease with Bobbi Brown's Petal Shimmer Wash eyeshadow (a slightly frosty pink). Finally, I lined my eyes with L'Oreal's Infallible Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black.

Once my eye makeup was done, I concealed under my eyes and a few dark spots with L'Oreal's True Match Super Blendable Concealer Pencil in N 1-2-3. I set the concealed areas with It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Loose Powder before contouring my cheeks and my jawline with Smashbox Bronze Lights Bronzer powder in Suntan matte. On the cheeks I applied Chanel's Joues Contraste powder blush in Rose Initiale. The final touch was Neutrogena's Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon.


Yes, it's quite a few different products but it's a great look! Do you have a favorite "go to chic" look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)