Monday, January 28, 2013

Old Friends, Memories and Beautiful Art: Part 2


Part Two of my awesome weekend included visiting the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts to see the Chihuly exhibit. It was AMAZING!!!

For those of you who don't know of his work, Dale Chihuly is the premier contemporary glass artist, known for his innovative and colorful designs. Based in Seattle, he has revolutionized the use of glass as an art medium. See below for more pictures. Please excuse that some may be a little fuzzy, as they were taken with my iPhone.

Niijima Floats





Persian Ceiling

Neodymium Reeds on Logs


Neon

 All of the following pictures are of a huge Mille Fiori platform garden that was installed at VMFA. It was truly magnificent!!













If you ever get the chance to see a Chihuly exhibition, you NEED to see it! My pictures don't do it justice. It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! For more information on Dale Chihuly and his art, click here.

Have you ever seen Chihuly? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Saw the chihuly exhibit in SF. Loved it. Just magical to see glass do things one wouldn't expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I saw his work in Seattle last year (he was building his permanent exhibition next to the Space Needle) and I heard then that he was coming to my town.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)