Thursday, January 9, 2014

Keep Your Resolutions: Drugstore FOTD!


Drugstore Products

If you’re like me, you probably began January thinking, “Wow…I may have overspent during the holidays!” I thought about going on a “no buy” month (or six), which is fairly likely, although I’m not ready to commit to that yet. Fortunately, I have a TON of beauty products that I still need to test, photograph and review. That got me thinking about makeup I already have in my collection that would make a great drugstore post. Today’s Face of the Day uses some of my old and new drugstore favorites and all of them are affordable! You probably have some of them already in your collection (or you should!) so take a look!

Drugstore Products Face

For this makeup look, I wanted something clean, fresh and pretty (nothing too bright, too heavy or too shiny). Here’s what I used:
  • Revlon Photo Ready Perfecting Primer--$12.99 (my favorite drugstore primer!)
  • Lumene CC Cream in Medium--$14.99
  • Milani The Multi Tasker Face Powder in Light Medium--$6.99
  • Revlon Photo Ready Bronzer--$7.99
  • Sonia Kashuk Cream Blush in Petal--$9.89
  • Revlon Photo Ready Concealer in Light--$8.99
  • Sonia Kashuk Extreme Wear Eye Primer--$9.99 (this rivals Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in performance!)
  • Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown--$6.49
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Waterproof Mascara in Black--$6.99
  • Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Eye Shadow Palette--$19.99 (the matte shadows)
  • Sonia Kashuk Sweet Nothings Eye Shadow Palette --$14.29
  • NYX Collection Noir Liquid Black Liner--$5.99 (upper lids)
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Pencil in Taupe--$4.49 (under lower lashes)
  • No. 7 Lip Pencil in Plum--$6.99 (lining lips and then filling in lips)
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie--$4.99
Drugstore Products Face 2

For the eye shadow, I used the Sweet Nothing Eye Palette (lower left hand corner) shadow all over the lid with the lightest color (upper left hand corner) shade in the tear duct area. Then I used a couple of shadows from the matte palette (Eye on Neutrals): lower left hand color—a cool brown—in the crease, a deeper brown---second row from the bottom and at the far right---in the outer “V” and then the lightest color right under the brows. I’m really loving these Sonia Kashuk eye shadows!

Drugstore Products Face 3

This was a really easy, light look that wore well all day. It’s perfect for work or really any day that you want to look a bit polished but not dramatic.

What are you doing about “spending” on beauty products after the holidays? Are you shopping your stash? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)