Tuesday, January 28, 2014

In the Pink!


Pink Makeup Look 1

I don’t know about you but I am really tired of this dreary, winter weather! My mood tends to be impacted by the weather (not in a good way) and it hits especially hard when I spend large amounts of time by myself (which happens when I’m not traveling, as I work 100% of the time out of my home office). When I woke up yesterday morning, I thought it was about time I did something about it and broke out my favorite pink sweater. Although my favorite color is red, pink seems to brighten my outlook like nothing else. Just by putting on that sweater, I was inspired to also put on makeup, do my hair, and polish my nails.

Pink Makeup Look 2

I won’t go into all of the details, but the “pink” shades I’m wearing in this look are:
  • Sonia Kashuk “Blossom” cream blush
  • Urban Decay “Naked 3” palette on eyes (colors: “Limit” on lid and as a blending color; “Liar” on outer lid and as liner for inner part of lower lash line; “Factory” in crease and as liner on outer part of lower lash line; “Strange” under brow; “Dust” in tear duct area; “Blackheart” on upper lash line over Bobbi Brown’s “Black Mauve” Shimmer Ink)
  • Mac “Angel” lipstick on lips with a coat of “Modesty” on top
  • Guerlain Meteorites pressed poweder in “Mythic”
Pink Makeup Look 4

Pink Makeup Look 5
If you’re interested, I’m testing out L’Oreal’s Lash Out “Butterfly” Mascara and wearing it on my top lashes only

My mood definitely brightened after I indulged in a “shot of pink!”

Pink Makeup Look 3

What’s your trick to make your day a little brighter? Does a change in color help lift you from the winter doldrums?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)