Monday, January 20, 2014

Get Comforted with Lush!


Lush The comforter 1

Last week was tough with travel and days that began at 5:30 and ended past 11. It was a week of massive changes due to the acquisition of my company by a much larger company, meeting new people from all over the world and closing business with my team. Lots of excitement and opportunity and no rest for the weary! That is until the weekend!

I arrived home after midnight on Friday and finally fell into bed around 2:30am. After sleeping for twelve hours (thanks, honey!), I gave myself a treat---a long, hot bubble bath courtesy of my new friend, The Comforter Bubble Bar, from Lush! This massive swiss roll-shaped bubble bar really packs a punch! Not only is it a beautiful dark pink and white, it colors the water pink and produces loads of long lasting, silky feeling bubbles. For an idea of its size, see below.

Lush The comforter 2

Before even reading the directions, I knew that this one had to be cut in half! Once I placed it into the tub with the water flowing, it immediately began to products large white, fluffy bubbles! As I lowered myself into the tub, my skin immediately felt silky and smooth. At first I thought it must contain loads of oils but according to the Lush website, that silky feeling is the result of the addition of cream of tartar to the formula. Let’s take a look at the ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine ,Fragrance , Titanium Dioxide , Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia) , Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum) , Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens) , *Limonene , *Linalool ,D&C Red No. 27 , D&C Red No. 33

The ingredient list is pretty straight forward. Sodium bicarbonate (aka baking soda) is found in many, many bath products. It softens the water and generally makes bath products “fizz” (especially when combined with an acid like vinegar, but I digress). This formula also includes cream of tartar (potassium bitartrate) and in this case, it is the acid that activates the baking soda, which helps to produce all of those lovely bubbles when also combined with sodium laureth sulfate, the surfactant that actually produces the huge amount of bubbles that spring forth from the Comforter. Another surfactant, lauryl betaine, is used to enhance the longevity of the bubbles. The rest of the ingredients are either used for scent or color (the white comes from the addition of titanium dioxide, which is also used in sunscreens and as a filler in mineral makeup.

Pretty simple stuff but, boy, does it pack a punch with all of those bubbles! I have literally never used a product that offers up the huge volume of incredibly long lasting bubbles that this one does. Honestly, I stayed in the tub way past “pruneville” and I had hardly made a dent in the foam. My bath was incredibly luxurious and lovely, thanks to the Comforter!

If you love a good bubble bath, you absolutely must try the Comforter Bubble Bar. If you have a Lush store nearby, head on over and pick up a couple or click here for the Lush website. There you will find the Comforter for $10.95 which may sound like a lot, but keep in mind that this bar is good for two baths with the longest lasting, fluffiest bubbles you have ever seen. I’m a huge fan after one use (which never happens)!

How about you? Have you tried the Comforter? What do you think?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)