Monday, December 30, 2013

Heritage Store Rosewater


Heritage Store Rosewater

Lately I’ve been trying to find more simple, everyday products that are not only easy to find (at a grocery store, drugstore, etc) but also inexpensive. Believe me, I have a huge collection of makeup and beauty products that range from low cost to extremely dear but I get the most satisfaction out of finding inexpensive products that work and feel special. So, it was with great pleasure that I happened upon Heritage Store’s Rosewater spritz in  my local Whole Foods!

Heritage Store Rosewater 2jpg

Now this product is not specifically marketed as a facial spritz but works rather well in that role. I used it after I have cleansed my face (double cleansed in the evening and a single cleanse in the morning) and then applied my acid-based toner. This little bit of rosie goodness lifts my spirits with its soft fragrance and when I next apply my facial moisturizer, it just feels good!

Heritage Store Rosewater ingredients

There are literally two ingredients in this spritz—water and a few drops of rose essential oil. You can easily make this at home using distilled water and rose essential oil, which is readily available in a health food store or at Whole Foods (note---rose essential oil is available in a large variety of concentrations and prices. True Rose Absolute is quite expensive but you can find diluted versions for less in small quantities. That’s probably what was used in this product). There is absolutely NO science behind the “water that has been vortexed and magnetized to  raise the energy to a higher vibration” but if you can get over that, this product is pretty inexpensive at under $6.00 for a 4 ounce spray bottle. I originally thought it should have a preservative (and it really should if you’re going to keep it for a long time) but since there is nothing in it but these two ingredients, it’s kind of like keeping an open bottle of water (which also usually has no preservatives). Just use it up fairly quickly (or keep it in the refrigerator) and you should be good for awhile.

I like this soft smelling spray and may purchase it again. Have you tried it? Let me know your opinion!

Ages of Beauty rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)