Friday, December 13, 2013

A Simple Winged Eye Look

Simple Cat Eye 2
During the holidays, many of us are attending parties and it’s nice to change things up for these special occasions. About a month ago, I saw a video filmed by Lisa Eldridge, makeup artist extraordinaire, where she showed a cat eye using powder eye shadow. The great thing about this look is that it is easy to do so I thought I would try it and show the every day woman (who is not a trained makeup artist) that it doesn’t require a special skill level to accomplish. Many women are put off by the cat eye because it often involves liquid eyeliner, small brushes and a lot of precision. For this look, though, if I can do it, so can you!

I filmed a video that I’m just now putting up on You Tube. Click below to watch!


The eye shadows I used here are:
  • Lorac Deep Purple (in the Pro Palette)
  • Mac Soba
  • Mac Blanc Type
Of course, you don’t have to use these exact products. I’ve gone thru my collection and have listed some potential substitutions below.
Purples
  • Mac Indian Ink
  • Mac Round Midnight
  • The Balm Moderato (from the Balm Jovi Palette)
  • Urban Decay Blackheart (from Naked 3)
  • Revlon Precocious Eye Quad (the dark purple)
  • Maybelline Amethyst Smoke Eye Quad (the dark purple)
  • Wet N Wild Petal Pusher Palette (right column, second from bottom)
  • The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes (Purples)
  • Mac Shadowy Lady
Golden Beiges
  • Naked 2 (Suspect mixed with Tease)
  • Mac Woodwinked (more shimmer)
  • Pixi Shades of Nude Quad (the darkest color)
  • Wet N Wild Nude Awakening Palette (left column, second from top)
  • Wet N Wild Going in the Wild Palette (left column, second from top)
  • Mac Patina
Whites/Light Beiges
  • Bobbi Brown White
  • Bobbi Brown Bone
  • Mac Orb
  • Mac Vanilla
  • Mac Brule
  • Too Faced Cream Colored Ponies
If you’re interested in the other products I’m wearing in this video, they are as follows:
  • Foundation: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Cream Ivory
  • Mascara: Trish McEvoy Volume
  • Lips: Revlon Lacquer Balm in Enticing
  • Blush: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink
  • Contour: Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow
  • Concealer: IT Cosmetics Bye bye Undereye in Neutral/Medium, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2
  • Brows: Anastasia Brow Gel and Brow Powder Duo
  • Powder: NARS Light Reflecting
Simple Cat Eye 3

Let me know if you try this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)