Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fantastic Facial Mists

Favorite Facial Mists
I mentioned earlier that I’m traveling on business this week. On Monday, I spent many hours in a metal tube of terror (an airplane) with all of its recycled air and other such nonsense. It was a full twelve hours from the time I got on the plane to stepping into my hotel room. After unpacking, I checked myself in the mirror and shrieked when I saw my face. My previously plump and hydrated skin was dry, patchy and flaky. My lips itched from lack of moisture and I looked like hell. Fortunately I had along some of my favorite, hydrating skincare items to remedy the situation, including my Hope Springs Eternal Hydrating Mist from Philosophy.

For those who have been following this blog, you know that my daytime skincare routine is the following: cleanse, tone, mist, treatments, moisturize, sunscreen. In the evening, I add a second cleanse to remove makeup and replace the sunscreen with an exfoliant (usually Retin A). Those of you who haven’t been paying attention should click here to go to the blog of the Queen of Skincare, Caroline Hirons, to see what this is all about. I’ve started quite a collection of facial mists (the one not pictured here is the beautiful Caudalie Beauty Elixir) and I will eventually do a review on each of them. Rest assured, though, that the “misting” part of the routine is one that I enjoy and it’s such a small step to turn this part of your day into a spa experience. Here’s a quick rundown of the products pictured above:
  • Heritage Store Rose Petals Rosewater – I purchased this from Whole Foods at the recommendation of my niece, Lisa, who works there. It contains two ingredients: water and rose flower oil. It’s lovely! If you can get past the airy fairy verbiage on the label, it’s a great choice.
  • Makeup Artist’s Choice Cucumber Toner – Yes, this one is billed as a toner but it comes in mister packaging and I love it as a facial mist. The fragrance is very light and fresh and cucumber-y. It’s lovely and you should check it out here on the MUAC website.
  • Philosophy Hope Springs Eternal Hydrating Mist – I have a travel size of this mist and it’s been a lifesaver on this trip. The dumb thing is I can’t find it on the Philosophy website but I did find it here at Drugstore.com. It’s out of stock on that site and I hope that doesn’t mean it’s being discontinued! Need more!!
  • Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist – OK, call me insane, but Queen of Hungary mist is a huge splurge at $86 although it’s really, really beautiful! This mist is highly scented but provides a great pick-me-up when I’m less than alert (so yes, sometimes I use it outside of the skincare routine). Purchase it at Sephora here. A true spa experience!!
I will do individual reviews on each of these. Let me know if you’re using any of these products and what you think of them. Are you using something else? I want to know that too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)