Friday, June 7, 2013

Obsessed with Revlon’s Colorburst Lip Butter!

Colors 1

Ever since last summer, I’ve been obsessed with Revlon’s Colorburst Lip Butter! These moisturizing color lip balms are sheer but have just enough color to brighten your look. I love that they are shiny and are one of those lip products that you can put on without looking in a mirror (although I think you should!). To me, they are easy and fun. And at roughly $6.50 a pop, they’re an affordable indulgence. I purchased my last one at Target (here) but you can get them at anywhere Revlon products are sold.

Revlon promotes their lip butters as containing mango, shea and coconut butters so that they will boost lip moisture by 156%. I find them very hydrating and while they don’t last more than two hours or so for me, I don’t mind reapplying. For the price, they’re a great multitasking product (lip balm, lip color and I’ve even used them on my cheeks!).

In my experience, Revlon’s lip butters provide sheer color but a couple of the shades I have are pretty pigmented. I’ve swatched my collection so you can see how they work and look with lighter skin tones.

Pink Truffle
A neutral medium pink.

Pink Truffle tube

Pink Truffle Swatch

Tutti Frutti
A light coral that has slightly more pigment than some of the other colors when worn on the lips.

Tutti Frutti tube

Tutti Frutti swatch

Peach Parfait
Light, sheer peach. Looks more pigmented in the tube than it is on the lips.

Peach Parfait tube

Peach parfait Swatch

Juicy Papaya
Sheer coral/peach.

Juicy Papaya tube

Juicy Papaya swatch

Fig Jam
Scary” brown in the tube but sheer on the lips. This one reminds me of Clinique’s Black Honey, which I absolutely love! A great neutral!

Fig Jam tube

Fig jam swatch

Candy Apple
Nicely pigmented warm red.

Candy Apple Tube

Candy Apple swatch

Red Velvet
Nicely pigmented cooler red. This is a great “starter red” if you like red but are not comfortable with bright, opaque red lip color.

Red Vevet tube

Red Velvet swatch

Sorbet
One of the newer shades, this color is a bit more pigmented shade of reddish pink.

Sorbet tube

Sorbet swatch

Cupcake
Very light, sheer pink.

Cupcake tube

cupcake swatch

Berry Smoothie
Sheer berry.
Berry Smoothie tube

Berry Smoothie swatch

Wild Watermelon
Another newer shade in bright (but sheer) watermelon red.

Wild Watermelon tube

Wild Watermelon swatch

Sugar Plum
A beautiful plummy/berry color.

Sugar Plum tube

Sugar Plum swatch

Creme Brulee
A very light neutral beige.

Creme Brulee tube

Creme brulee swatch

all tubes


All swatches

Have you tried Revlon’s lip butters? Which are your favorites?

Ages of Beauty rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)