Friday, May 17, 2013

What a Great Gift!!!

I celebrated a birthday last week and honestly, things were so crazy here that I didn’t even really remember it was happening that week. On my actual birthday, I was on a business trip but the night before, my family took me to dinner to celebrate. During the celebration, they presented me with several gifts—a great looking, edgy bracelet from Fossil (from my step son and his girlfriend) and a beautiful, very special gift from my husband---a bottle of Creed’s Spring Flower eau de parfum.

Creed Box 1

One of the reasons why this is such a great gift for me is that it is something I would never even think to buy for myself. Not that I don’t love perfume , I just don’t think of it. Secondly, anything by Creed is very, very special. For those of you not familiar with the brand, it was founded in 1760 in London as the House of Creed. An early favorite of Europe’s royal families, Creed is known for their quality, refinement and originality. It is also a family run business after all of these years and continues its stellar reputation.

According to my research, Spring Flower was created in 1951 for Audrey Hepburn, star of films like “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” “Sabrina,” “Roman Holiday” and many others. The scent was kept private until 1996, when it was released to the public. It’s a lovely, floral, feminine scent that includes top notes of peach, melon and apple; middle notes of jasmine and rose; and base notes of musk and ambergris. I absolutely love it!!

Creed Bottle

The Spring Flower bottle is also absolutely beautiful! It is a bright, bright pink with gold lettering a gold top, and a white/pink/green ribbon around the neck. If you love pink, you’ll love this bottle!!!

Engraving

My husband also took the extra step and had them engrave the bottle for my birthday. I was floored!

Atomizer

Last but not least, my husband also included a small atomizer with a little bit of the Spring Flower perfume inside. It was also engraved with his nickname for me (awwwww!!) and it’s so cute! Also available in this scent is a soap, a body lotion, a shower gel, a candle and a perfume oil. I may spring for one of these to layer the scent.

Creed perfume is not inexpensive so it truly is a very special gift. It can be purchased on line directly from Creed (here) or from a local retailer. The retailers tend to be an area’s higher end retailers (Saks in our area) and you can find a local retailer on the Creed site (here).

Have you ever tried any of Creed’s products? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)