Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Spring Trend: Bright Lips!!!

Bright Lipsticks

One of my favorite trends for spring is bright lips. After a long, cold winter, there’s nothing better than a bright lipstick to light up my face and my mood!

More brights
From vivid opaque formulas to colored lip balms, there’s something for everyone. I tend to like pinks and corals rather than the bright yellows and purples I’ve seen in the stores. Here are some of my favorites:


Pinks

From left: OCC Cosmetics Pageant; Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet; Maybelline Vivids in Pink Pop; OCC Cosmetics in Narcissus; Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Natural in N31; Maybelline Vivids in Vivid Rose; L’Oreal Colour Caresse in Velvety Fuchsia

corals

From left: OCC Trollop; OCC Queen; Mac Impassioned; Maybelline Vivids in Shocking Coral; Revlon Lip butter in Wild Watermelon

When wearing brighter shades, I like to use a lip pencil, either one that matches the lipstick (line your lips and fill in the entire lip with the lip pencil and THEN put on the lipstick) or one of the newer “clear” ones from Make Up For Ever or Sally Hansen that keeps the lipstick from feathering. If using the clear lip pencils, just outline the lips with the pencil and then fill in with the lipstick.

How about you? Are you wearing bright lip colors this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)