Friday, March 8, 2013

Face of the Day: Drugstore Brands


I've been working for the last few days to get back on track after being away for over a week. Today was the first day that I actually took the time to put on makeup so I thought it would be a good time to do a Face of the Day (FOTD) post. 

Every item I used today is from the drugstore. Just about every item I used has not been reviewed yet so you can look forward for more reviews of some quality drugstore products. Click below to see what makes up this look!



My skin is really dry today, no doubt from neglecting it this week as I got back into work and also from all the sunscreen I had on it over the past two weeks. After thoroughly soaking it with moisturizer, I patted L'Oreal's Revitalift Miracle Blur, a silicone-based primer, skin smoother that can be used either under foundation over over it. This product retails for $19.99 at drugstores, so it's pretty pricey, but it does a good job and includes SPF 30 (yes!!!). 



After that, I curled my eyelashes and applied a couple of coats of CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Mascara to my top lashes (more on the bottom lashes later!). I typically put on mascara before putting on foundation because I usually make a huge mess and need to clean it off with a Q tip. Anyway I will have a review of this next week!
Clump Crusher retails for $6.99.



Next up is Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Buff 150. I love this stuff! It's hydrating AND stays on all day. A definite win!

I bought this for $13.99 at Target.


I also filled in my eyebrows with Revlon's Brow Fantasy in Brunette. This product has a pencil to define on one end and a tinted brow gel on the other to color in the white hair in my eyebrows and then it sets the brows in place. It retails for about $7.99 but you can find it for less at many drugstores.


Here's what my face looked like at this point:
OK, now on to the eyes. First I applied a new (for me at least) eye shadow primer called Revlon Photoready Eye Primer and Brightener. I've been looking for a good drugstore eye primer so hopefully this will be it. I purchased it the other day at Target for $9.99 in the color 003.


Once that set, I applied 3 different colors of Maybelline Color Tatoo Cream Eyeshadow: Barely Beige on the inner part of the lid to about the middle and then also under the brow, Inked in Pink on the outer half of the lid and Tough as Taupe in the crease and on the outer edge in a "V" shape. I also lined my lids with the "best ever drugstore eyeliner," Physician's Formula Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Deep Brown. This stuff is SO AWESOME and only costs $10.95 in most drugstores (I definitely need to do a review)! 

Barely Beige, Inked in Pink, Tough as Taupe: $4.99 and $5.99 each




I ended up winging the eye liner out a little bit to make things a bit more dramatic.

At this point, I contoured my face using a darker shade of L'Oreal's True Match Powder ($7.49 at Target). This is a good choice for contouring because it is a matte powder and containes no shimmer. My normal color is N1 but today I used N7 to contour under my cheekbones and at my jawline to give it more definition. I also applied it near my hairline on either side of my forehead. Then I stippled on Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting ($6.99 in drugstores).




$7.99


$6.99
$5.99
Almost done! Before my final step of putting on my lipcolor, I concealed under my eyes, on either side of my chin and then a few dark spots on the side of my face with Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer. Then I powdered my T zone and under my eyes (lightly!) with Milani's Multitasker Face Powder in Light Medium. After that, I applied a coat of Maybelline's Lash Discovery mascara on my bottom lashes. This mascara has a tiny brush, which keeps me from making a mess underneath my eyes. It also has really great staying power!
$6.49




Once that was done, I applied the tiniest amount of L'Oreal's Infallible eyeshadow in Iced Latte to the inner corner of both eyes to lighten them up. It really makes a difference! I also lined my lower water line with Rimmel's Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl eye pencil (color below)  (this also helps to brighten the eyes). Before applying lipstick, I lined my lips with Boots No. 7's lip pencil in 
.


$4.49

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Kohl in 

Boots No. 7 lip pencil in
 $6.99

As the final step, I applied Neutrogena's MoistureSmooth color stick in soft raspberry to my lips. This lip crayon smells so good and keeps my lips shiny and hydrated.


$8.49






Believe it or not, this look only took 15 minutes to apply. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)