Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Product Review: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks


As I mentioned in a post a few weeks ago (here), Bobbi Brown launched her new Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks. I purchase two of them (one is a color that Katie is wearing in the picture above) and tried them out. Do they pack the punch that Bobbi's cream shadow pots provide? Click below to find out!!!




I purchased the colors Bark and Golden Pink and was quite anxious to try them out. A longtime fan of Bobbi Brown's eyeshadows (both powder and cream), I wondered if they would have the creaminess and lasting power that her other shadows have. Even though my facial skin is dry, my eyelids typically are oily enough that I need to use a good eyelid primer. Bobbi's cream shadows in the pot do not crease on me, however, even without a primer.



The Golden Pink shade is a sparkly pink with gold flecks. It's not too shiny or frosty for me but may not be loved by those of you who don't like shimmer. If you know the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams, this color is very similar to #13. Bark is a very pigmented matte color that swatched smoothly. 

I applied these onto my lids directly from the applicator, although you could also use a brush. Once on my lids, I attempted to spread with both a finger as well as a brush. The Golden Pink color blended better than the bark before setting. If you're familiar with the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks (which look very similar to these). Bobbi's shadow sticks are not as creamy, smooth or blendable. I applied the Golden Pink all over my lids and the Bark in the crease and the outside corner. You may be able to see from these pictures that Bark was difficult to blend. You have to work really fast before it sets.







Overall, I liked these shadow sticks but don't find them as easy to work with as either Bobbi's cream shadows in the pots or Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks. From a longevity standpoint, I didn't get any creasing until after 8 hours, but to compare with Bobbi's other cream shadows, which don't crease on me at all, they're a bit disappointing. Are they good? Yes. Are the great? No.

Shadow sticks are available for $28 at Bobbi Brown (here), Norstrom (here) or Sephora (here).

Have you tried them? What do you think?

Ages of Beauty rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)