Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Favorite Beauty Essentials

Since one of the main focuses of this blog is beauty for women over 40, I thought I'd share some of my favorite tried and true makeup favorites. I'm a "beauty junkie" and have drawers full of foundations, eye shadows, mascara, lipsticks, etc. I try just about everything, from drugstore brands to high end brands and have found great products (as well as the bad ones) in every price range. Everything I mention here I have purchased and used myself.

Here are some of my favorite basics. I don't wear all of these every day (except sunblock!) but these are what I would consider the basics (click on the item name to view):

The Basics

High End Sunblock for face
  • None (you don't need to spend a lot to get a great SPF for face!)
Drugstore Sunblock for face

High End light/medium coverage foundation
Drugstore light/medium coverage foundation

High End Mascara
Drugstore Mascara

High End Blush
Drugstore Blush


High End Setting Powder


High End Lipstick
Drugstore Lipstick
What are your favorites?

 (Credit Envios via Flickr)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)