Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Favorite Beauty Essentials

Since one of the main focuses of this blog is beauty for women over 40, I thought I'd share some of my favorite tried and true makeup favorites. I'm a "beauty junkie" and have drawers full of foundations, eye shadows, mascara, lipsticks, etc. I try just about everything, from drugstore brands to high end brands and have found great products (as well as the bad ones) in every price range. Everything I mention here I have purchased and used myself.

Here are some of my favorite basics. I don't wear all of these every day (except sunblock!) but these are what I would consider the basics (click on the item name to view):

The Basics

High End Sunblock for face
  • None (you don't need to spend a lot to get a great SPF for face!)
Drugstore Sunblock for face

High End light/medium coverage foundation
Drugstore light/medium coverage foundation

High End Mascara
Drugstore Mascara

High End Blush
Drugstore Blush


High End Setting Powder


High End Lipstick
Drugstore Lipstick
What are your favorites?

 (Credit Envios via Flickr)