Thursday, January 24, 2013

How to: "No Makeup" Makeup

Photo Credit: Prevention.com
I don't wear makeup every day but when I do, I often reach for a more natural look. As I've gotten older, my skin has "dulled" a bit, pigmentation isn't as even as it was when I was in my 20s or even my 30s, and my eyes look a little less vibrant. That's not to say that I don't leave my home without makeup (I do) but sometimes I like a little pick me up that doesn't involve a lot of time or products. 

For this reason, I've figured out which handful of products provide that extra lift that still looks natural. And best of all, it only takes 5 minutes!



Products used for  "no makeup" makeup look
Step 1: Sunscreen 

Step 2: Primer (if using)--I used Revlon Photoready Primer

Step 3: Smooth on Tinted Moisturizer (or BB cream and then skip the primer)--I used Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Step 4: Curl eyelashes

Step 5: Groom eyebrows: I used It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel (I have grey in my brows)



Step 6: Apply natural looking mascara--I used Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara

Step 7: Conceal under eyes and red/discolored areas--I used L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealer

Step 8: Neutral cream eyeshadow with a slight shimmer--I used Make Up For Ever #13




Step 9: Neutral shimmer pencil on waterline and at tear duct--I used It Cosmetics Hello Bright Eyes pencil in "Pearl Brightener"


I've added a neutral shimmering pencil to the waterline and at the tear ducts
Step 10: Quick contouring of cheeks and jawline (skip if your face is thin)--I used Illamasqua Cream Pigment in "Hollow" (a GREAT contour color for lighter skin tones)

Step 11: Stipple a cream colored blush, that matches the color you "blush naturally, on the apples of your cheeks--I used Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in "Powder Pink"

Step 12: Light dusting of powder down the center of the face--I used L'Oreal True Match powder

Step 13: "My Lips But Better" colored lipstick--I used Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in "08"

I know that seems like a lot of steps but it literally takes 5 minutes. Don't worry about using a lot of tools---I use my fingers for most of it. 

Here are the final results. What do you think? Do you have a "no makeup" makeup look?





1 comment:

  1. What a great look and so natural looking!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!!

(Sorry guys...the spammers have found me so you'll need to verify the word)